- At that time, the academic orientation was rather technical contrary to that of the university, where art theory is very important. The teachers were renowned artists and among the best of that time.
- The magic of creation has always fascinated me.
- I worked three and then six hours a day in my studio with strict discipline and emotion. I obtained awards usually granted to other foreigners during the end-of-year admission tests.
- My first concern was to take care of my drawing. I did not have any knowledge in arts, especially Haitian arts, apart from the paintings I saw in my father’s office.
- I paint according to the moment and the theme. I don’t have any prejudice. Life concerns me.
- Without a good cultural policy, without adequate help, we will always have individualists, shooting stars who are rapidly forgotten or who stop painting for a more profitable occupation.
- People are predominant in my paintings. Although they are not obvious, you can feel their presence.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!