- Pink Floyd is like a marriage that’s on a permanent trial separation.
- Sometimes I play something, and I haven’t recorded it, and I don’t know where it came from, why my hands did what they did, what key it was in, anything.
- We fought during ‘The Wall,’ which was an album Waters wrote, based on his family story, we clashed long before that, during the period of the Dark Side and ‘Wish You Were Here.’ Actually, we never got along.
- The fact that people still know us is, in my opinion, a result of our music and of the big money that runs the music industry today. The people who control the industry are accountants who recycle everything in new, nostalgic packages, and everything else, to make more money.
- For me, playing music is like meditating – I just play and don’t really think about what I’m doing, I just let it happen.
- We worked very hard to make the lyrics suit the music. I can’t, like Elton John, for example, compose by lyrics. Elton has a great talent for that. Whatever you give him, including your questions, he composes in half an hour and makes a great song out of it.
- I wrote the tunes and sang only nonsense words. Then came Moore and dressed them with the lyrics.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!