- I am a soldier, convinced that I am acting on behalf of soldiers.
- I have seen and endured the sufferings of the troops, and I can no longer be a party to prolong these sufferings for ends which I believe to be evil and unjust.
- I am not protesting against the conduct of the war, but against the political errors and insincerities for which the fighting men are being sacrificed.
- I believe that the purpose for which I and my fellow soldiers entered upon this war should have been so clearly stated as to have made it impossible to change them, and that, had this been done, the objects which actuated us would now be attainable by negotiation.
- In me the tiger sniffs the rose.
- Soldiers are citizens of death’s grey land, drawing no dividend from time’s tomorrows.
- Soldiers are dreamers; when the guns begin they think of firelit homes, clean beds, and wives.
- I am making this statement as an act of wilful defiance of military authority, because I believe that the War is being deliberately prolonged by those who have the power to end it.
- Man, it seemed, had been created to jab the life out of Germans.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!