- But what has America to boast? What are the graces or the virtues which distinguish its inhabitants? What are their triumphs in war, or their inventions in peace?
- We have no right to luxuries while the poor want bread.
- I wil not compare the education of an ancient Spartan with that of a British nobleman.
- In the western part of England lived a gentleman of large fortune, whose name was Merton.
- The trifle now inscribed with your name. was occasioned by a particular fact; but to the disgrace of human nature, the subject is sufficiently general to interest every heart not totally impenetrable.
- But let her remember, that it is in Britain alone, that laws are equally favourable to liberty and humanity; that it is in Britain the sacred rights of nature have received their most awful ratification.
- When a benevolent mind contemplates the republic of Lycurgus, its admiration is mixed with a degree of horror.
- But let us not too hastily triumph in the shame of Sparta, lest we aggravate our own condemnation.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!